Decorating for the holidays means candles. And every year a candle gets blown out with too much gusto and wax ends up on tables, tablecloths and table runners. To get the wax out, do the following -
1. Let it cool completely
2. Once completely cool, scrape off any wax that you can. A fingernail works just fine for this, but you might want to do it over a trashcan.
3. Heat your iron to the hottest setting and make sure you don’t have any steam on.
4. Get a piece of cotton fabric (an old t-shirt works great) and put this on top of the wax-stained fabric. And, depending on how thick your fabric is, lay a piece of cotton fabric underneath it.
5. Iron until the the wax melts and soaks into your cotton fabric.
6. That’s it! You may have some staining if you have, say, red candle wax on a white tablecloth, but then you can try different methods for getting the stain out.
Here is a Before and After of a table runner I “ironed” a few days ago. In the After, there was some mild staining, but I couldn’t get my camera to pick it up.
Hope it works for you!